Are you looking for a multi-peptide serum that can restore your hair’s natural vibrancy and density? With so many hair loss treatments available today, it is hard to choose the one that works best for you.
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density
Image source: The Ordinary
Why did I try The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density?
While I’m nearing my 30s, I find myself becoming more conscious and insecure about my physical appearance.
Call me vain but the growing crow’s feet around my eyes, marks of train tracks across my forehead, and the deepening smile lines, especially the receding hairline and wider hair part… negatively impacted my self-esteem ☹
- I am born with a long face and a wide forehead so the problems of hair thinning and hair fall just accentuated these traits further (less hair covering my face) and made them all the more noticeable.
- Being a loyal fan of The Ordinary skincare products (been using them since 2017), I was thrilled when I found out that they had branched their expertise from skincare into haircare!
- If I am not wrong, their Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density is the FIRST of its hair care products that were released back in 2018. Since most of their skincare products worked really effectively for my troubled acne skin, I thought I should give their Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density a go!
My honest review of The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum For Hair Density:
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density was effective with regular use! Overall, The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density is effective and I recommend it. However, I only recommend it if you think that you will be disciplined enough to use it regularly as the result is only obvious with extended use.
Pros of The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum For Hair Density
- The price is reasonable and it comes in a 60ml bottle. I used the serum sparingly and the bottle lasted me about 5-6 months.
- I experienced less hair fall and overall, my hair appeared healthier and stronger.
- it is a leave-in treatment that does not require any kind of washing after use. It is designed for use after hair wash so there is no need to cater extra time to wait for the product to be absorbed into your scalp before rinsing it off.
- It is not “liquidly” and runny like other hair tonics which I had used previously (they were super annoying because the product may run down the side of my face, sometimes burning my eyes and sometimes instilling in me the fear of having a hairy face hahaha).
- The product is like what has been advertised, a lightweight serum. I only have to spread 2-3 drops of the serum and massage it into my scalp. When I first used the serum, I was a little worried as it felt greasy and my hair which came into contact with it had the “wet look” (somewhat like the look when one applies hair gel?)
- I usually apply the serum on the areas of concern on my scalp at night before bed. Fortunately, I had never woken up with a wet hair look the subsequent morning and my hair looked just fine.
- This product is also cruelty-free (all of The Ordinary’s products are) which is awesome news for animal lovers like me. Totally vegan product!
- Besides that, it is also alcohol, silicone, nut, and gluten-free!
Cons of The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum For Hair Density
- The results were not immediate for me. It took a few months before more baby hair started growing on my hair part and hairline.
- I had tried applying the serum during mid-day and the wet hair look went off after a couple of hours.
- Besides these observations, I would like to raise the point that this serum does come with a slight smell so people with a sensitive nose may not be a fan of it. I call it a smell and not an odor because it is in no way pungent. It also does not smell like fragrance to me. I do not know how to describe this smell but strangely, I quite like it.
Where can I buy The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density?
Image source: The Ordinary
You can purchase it from Sephora, Amazon, Zalora, or LookFantastic. Surprisingly, NTUC Fairprice also carries this product! LookFantastic offers the lowest price at below SGD30 but you will need to hit a minimum order of SGD80 at checkout (they carry many different brands and you can mix the products) to get free delivery.
Do you ever find yourself plucking away at stray hairs on your body and face, only to find them springing back into place soon after? Well, if so, you're not alone. Many people are concerned about the effects of plucking hair on its regrowth and whether it has any long-term effects. In this article, we'll discuss the science behind whether plucking hair stops it from growing back and what other methods exist to help reduce pesky unwanted hair growth.
Have you ever gone too far when styling your hair and ended up with burnt strands? Have you been wondering if your hair will ever grow back? We discuss whether burnt hair actually grows back or not and we'll also go over what steps you can take to prevent further damage.