What is trace minerals
There are about 18 minerals out of 103 known minerals categorised as trace minerals. These are minerals absolutely vital for the human body, though in much our bodies don’t need much of them to see big results.
These include iron, zinc, magnesium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, molybdenum, iodine, chromium, potassium, selenium, sodium, chloride, sulfate, and boron. Our bodies require each and every one of these trace minerals in proper balance to facilitate health and well-being, including hair growth
Trace minerals for hair growth
These are the trace minerals that we feel are upmost important for hair growth and why:
- Iron. Iron deficiency, a condition known as anemia, is one of the main causes of hair loss, along with DHT and poor blood flow. Iron is essential for the healthy growth of your hair follicles.
- Magnesium. It balances the calcium ingested as dietary supplements and as a consequence has a key role to play in the growth of healthy hair. Its deficiency is one of the main biochemical cause of hair loss that affects the functions of thyroid, metabolism, heart nervous system, muscular and digestive system.
- Zinc. Sufficient zinc in your body is required for the division of cells in your hair follicles.
- Sulphur. It is the 8th most common element in our body. Human hair is made from an important protein called keratin, which is high in sulphur content. The presence of sulphur gives healthy hair its strength and elasticity; conversely, the absence of enough sulphur leads to brittle hair that is easily broken.
- Selenium. It has antioxidant properties, which means it helps prevent some of the damage to cells and tissues caused by free radicals.
Trace minerals deficiency symptoms
Symptoms of trace minerals deficiencies
- Anemia (lack of iron)
- Poor digestion, brain fog, poor appetite, and chronic fatigue (lack of magnesium/zinc)
- Joint pain or disease (lack of sulphur)
Your hair need a well-balanced diet containing vitamins and not forgetting trace minerals to ensure hair growth and prevent hair loss.