Everyone loves tomatoes and very few are aware of the full benefits of tomatoes. Tomatoes are the most powerful sources of vitamins and antioxidants (free radicals). While we discuss that they are great to eat, they are good for the growth of hairs.
Benefits of Tomatoes
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of water, 94 percent of tomato's weight is water and because of its high water content, it is a great source to help moisturize the hair and scalp which prevents breakage-allowing hair to grow longer. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato)
- According to a 2002 Boston study, it was found that consuming tomatoes on a regular basis for a period of at least seven days decreases the risk of prostate cancer by 35 percent and risk of advanced prostate cancer by 50 percent (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880478)
- Eating tomatoes on a regular basis has been found to be very beneficial in boosting the fertility of man by as much as 70 percent. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28049263)
- Tomato is very rich in lycopene, a substance that makes the red color in tomato. It is very beneficial for your health, especially skin and hair. Tomato promotes antioxidants and lycopene that are very helpful to prevent hair loss and damage. Besides, it is also rich in vitamins, such as vitamin A, B, C and E that are able to get the dry hair replaced and stimulates hair growth. (drhealthbenefits.com)
Increases pH levels of the hairs
When you add tomatoes juice to your hair, they will add a glossy sheen to the dried strands. If you are using a conditioner as well with it, they will increase the pH level in the hairs. Increasing the pH level of the hairs gives more balance to them. Adding tomatoes juice to the hairs will increase their shine and make sure they are not lifeless anymore.
It makes hair stronger
Tomatoes are high in vitamin A and vitamin C which means they will make your hairs stronger. You can try a tomatoes hair mask and it will improve the scalp circulation. The acidic nature of the tomatoes will make sure that the issues like an abundance of fungus are dealt as they inhibit the growth of the hairs.
Let’s discuss the recipes to use tomatoes juice on your hairs for growth.
This recipe includes tomatoes only and is very simple.
Juice tomatoes or you can use organic tomatoes juice which is already squeezed.
Apply a small amount of this juice to your hairs.
Massage the scalps and apply the juice on the strands.
Use a shower cap.
Rinse the juice out of your hairs after 3 to 5 minutes.
Make sure that you don’t leave the juice for long on the hairs as it can negatively affect the pH of the hairs.
You can also add honey with the tomatoes juice for the hair growth.
This is also a simple recipe and includes the powers of the tomatoes juice and the moisturizing properties of the honey; this becomes a great mask which is good for the boost in the hair growth.
Take two ripe tomatoes and mix them in a blender.
Add the juice in a bowl and mix two tablespoons of honey to it.
Stir it until it becomes a good paste.
Apply the mixture on the hair strands and use a shower cap.
Apply the juice for 30 minutes on your hairs.
It will Rinse slowly due to the acidity of the honey in the mixture.
Rinse your hair when the time is up and you will have shiny and strong hairs.
These recipes are simple and homemade but the results are awesome and you will have shiny and strong hairs. Did you ever try any such home remedy for your hairs? If yes how it affected your hairs. Do share your experience with us.
Easy Way To Use Tomato In Food
- Boil rice or pasta in tomato juice or tomato soup. Rice and pasta are typically boiled in water, but you can add a hint of tomato by boiling these starches in tomato juice.
- You can either replace the water with tomato juice completely or blend a few tomatoes into the water. If you love tomato pulp, you can blend lightly
- Both pasta and rice absorb flavor as they cook, so boiling them in even a small amount of tomato juice infuses them with the taste of tomatoes. To enhance the flavor, you can even use tomato sauce or tomato puree.
Side effects of tomatoes for hair growth
Tomatoes are good in taste; they are also used in a lot of medicines. Tomatoes are used for the prevention of many types of cancer. Some other prominent diseases like heart, diabetes and blood vessels can be controlled with the right use of tomatoes.
Tomatoes juice is good for hair growth. It is used with honey as well to give shiny look to the hairs. However, if they are used in excess without consulting a doctor, they can have side effects on hair growth.
Tomatoes juice is applied on the hairs for its growth but if you don’t rinse your hairs on time, they can negatively affect the pH level of your hairs. The acidic nature of tomatoes makes them a bad option for your hair growth but it depends on your skin as well. Tomatoes juice can lead to the allergy in the scalp of your head.
The researchers found that a compound named histamine in tomatoes is responsible for allergies.
Tomatoes juice may affect your skin negatively if you have sensitive skin. Make sure that you are using the tomato juice for hair growth with the consensus of your doctor.
Tomatoes juice can lead to rashes on your skin which will damage the growth of your hairs and weakens them.
Consider these side effects of the tomato juice for your hair before you try them.
- The information contained in the post is for general purpose only and shouldn’t be considered as medical advice or as an alternative to medical advice. Although we tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, we make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.