You wake up, look at yourself in the mirror and suddenly you freak out: You have patches of hair loss and you are too close to getting completely bald. This situation is more common than you think. Statistics don't like, around 25% of men are partially bald by the age of 30, and for women, the news isn't better, around 50% will experience some type of hair loss at one point of their life.
There are products available in the market that promises to stop hair loss. In this article, we are going to talk about one: Kirkland Minoxidil. If you are thinking about buying it read this first, we are going to tell if it works and if it is worth your money.
What is Minoxidil?
Minoxidil is an over the counter medication topically used to treat hair loss. It works by allowing the entrance of more oxygen, nutrients, and blood to the follicles promoting this way the hair growth.
Minoxidil starts a new anagen phase (the phase where the hair starts to grow), so it starts working the second you apply it to the scalp, but you won't notice the results until a few months later.
Kirkland Minoxidil Review
We got to the part you've been waiting for: Our review. Kirkland Minoxidil is one of the many brand names of the Minoxidil. They have 2 forms available: both have 5% concentration, one comes as a foam that is easy to apply and the other comes as a solution.
The correct application way is to apply a small amount on the scalp and start massaging it for a few minutes.
Pros of using the Kirkland Minoxidil.
- There are many studies that back up its effectiveness, the last one was made in 2013, and the results showed that 65% of men experienced a dramatical reduction of hair loss and an increase of hair growth and health.
- Both presentations they have (foam and solution) are really easy and fast to apply.
- The price is considerably cheaper than other brand names like Rogaine.
- If your skin is sensitive, you can use the foam, is way gentler.
Cons of using the Kirkland Minoxidil.
- Unfortunately, only men are allowed to use the Kirkland Minoxidil. So if you are women you have to look up for some other brands or options.
- You can suffer from side effects like redness, itching, tingling/burning sensation in the scalp and in rare cases dizziness and chest pain.
- If you are expecting a fast change, you might get disappointed. Kirkland Minoxidil takes several months to start showing results so you have to be patient.
- If you stop using it the effects will go away, you will experience hair loss again.
- It won't work well in certain zones like the receding hairline, it works better in the zones that are at the top of the scalp.
Conclusion, Should you try Kirkland Minoxidil?
Definitely yes. The Kirkland Minoxidil will work on your hair loss and will promote hair growth and health. Just keep in mind the considerations we mentioned above to get the best of it.