Would you like to become sweeter while removing your body hair? A mixture made out of sugar will do that for you! Pamper yourself with an organic, biodegradable, and hypoallergenic treatment for smooth and shiny skin.
Sugaring involves applying a warm paste made of sugar, lemon juice, and water against the direction of hair growth and removing the layer formed over your skin in the direction of hair growth. You will be required to exfoliate your skin before this procedure to ensure that the sugar paste sticks to your hair properly.
Isn’t sugaring waxing?
Waxing involves the application of wax in the direction of hair growth and its removal with a strip in the opposite direction.
Sugaring just requires 3 natural ingredients and doesn’t involve the use of any strips. As the sugar layer is removed in the direction of hair growth, it is much less painful than waxing.
- Sugaring can be performed faster than waxing. It will save you a ton of time when you want to remove hair from your arms, legs, and torso.
- Frequent sugaring damages the hair follicles and reduces hair growth over time. Waxing doesn’t damage your follicles. Even if you wax for decades, you won’t notice any reduction in hair growth.
- You will be needing a length of at least an eighth of an inch of hair growth for a sugar treatment. On the contrary, waxing can catch any length of hair efficiently.
- Rinsing off a sugar paste post sugaring session is easier than washing off the sticky wax from your body as sugar is water-soluble. It, therefore, further saves your time.
As this method is in its nascent stage, it is costlier than waxing in a spa. You will have to shell out 15-30% more money depending on the area you live in. So, to save you these costs, we are sharing with you a DIY method to perform sugaring at home. Follow these steps to get a hair-free body in a few bucks:
Preparing the sugar mix:
- In a saucepan, add two cups of cane sugar, a quarter cup of water, and a quarter cup of lemon juice.
- Heat it over medium-high heat while stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low when it boils and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove it from heat when it turns into a dark amber mixture.
- Transfer it to a heat-safe container after cooling it for 15 minutes.
- Once it reaches the room temperature, it is ready to use.
- Take out a handful of the mixture from the heat-safe container and rub it between your hands to warm it up with your body heat.
- Spread the paste on the desired area against the direction of hair growth.
- Once it hardens, peel it off in the direction of hair growth.
- Repeat the process for the whole of your body for a hair-free feel.
- Stirring the sugar mixture is important while heating. If you leave the mixture unattended, it will burn and stick to the bottom of your pan. Forget about the paste, you might have to throw away your saucepan too!
- Do not forget to keep the mixture aside until it reaches room temperature. It thickens to the right consistency for catching your body hair.
- Clean your hands thoroughly before applying the paste to avoid any bacterial contact.
- Warming up the mixture in your palm is essential for easy and efficient application.
- Since you are not an expert in sugaring, do a patch test on the less sensitive part of your body. If you experience any irritation or redness, do not continue with the process at home.
Is Sugaring worth it?
If you are thinking, ‘how sweet can sugaring be?’, you will be happy to know that it is completely worth your time and effort. If you have sensitive skin or find waxing extremely painful, or just want to get rid of body hair while following your hair removal routine, sugaring is perfect for you. After 5 years of waxing, shaving or using depilatory creams, you will still be using them with the same frequency. But with sugaring, you will notice a considerable reduction in your hair growth giving you the power to flaunt a hairless body for months at a time.
The desire for smooth, clean, and clear skin isn’t a new thing. And removing our body hair has always been our first step in that quest. Hair removing has been a part of our lives since ancient times.
Though we all stick by a single hair removal method but somewhere we all want an easier technique that can help us get rid of our body hair naturally and painlessly. The depilatory creams are full of chemicals and waxing carries the baggage of pain with it. Shaving, on the other hand, is the fastest method but it has to be done every ten days for smoother skin. In an attempt to find a better alternative for you, we have gone back to the basics and came up with a natural technique to remove your body hair along with reducing hair growth over time.