How to Count daily hair loss
How Doctors Check Hair Loss
These are some of the ways which doctors will be checking your hair loss:
- Blood tests are required to diagnose female hair loss as it is far more complex than hair loss in men.The doctor are looking for your basic blood counts (CBC), thyroid (TSH) and iron (ferritin).
- For younger women with acne or increased facial hair, a tests for DHEAS (hormones from the adrenal gland), androstenedione (hormones from the ovaries) as well as free and total testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) are required
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may require blood tests to evaluate polycystic ovarian syndrome including tests for LH, FSH, DHEAS, androstenedione, prolactin, estrogen, free and total testosterone and 17 hydroxyprogesterone (17OHP) and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
- Women with dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian or vegan) may also have zinc levels checked and a few other minerals as well. Sometimes vitamin D is checked depending on where the patient lives.
- Scalp biopsy of a small section of scalp, usually 4 mm in diameter, is removed and examined under a microscope to also determine the cause of hair loss.
- Densitometry using a densitometer, handheld magnification device, to check for miniaturization of the hair shaft.
How much hair in your lifetime
Changing hair parting to reduce thinning
Why do hair part
We all have natural a part line, widows peak, whirls, crowns and hair growth pattern. If your hair parts down the middle, that is showing the hair growth pattern on each side of your scalp.
How hair stylist find your natural part
When your hair is wet (dry is possible too but harder), comb your hair, top and sides, straight back. a hair stylist will take their hand and push on the crown top peak of your head.The hair will loosen up and divide where it's meant to. That is your natural part. Straight down the center is common with Asian hair. Weight is dispersed evenly so a center part is common.
How to train your hair to not have a part
You just have to do whatever you can to counter your natural part.
One way is to comb your hair the other way when you find it part on one side. You can secure it with hair pins or a headband (while letting your hair dry). If needed, you can use a little pomode to hold your hair in place.
You might have to tease your hair a little once it's dry to get some volume back.