If you dye your hair at home it may take less time but there is a risk because of a lack of knowledge and inexperience. It will take between 2 to 4 hours if the dyeing process is done at the salon. The time mostly depends on what type of color your hairs have and what color you want to do. In dyeing of hair, time is not value what you get at the end matters a lot. You will have to spend some time to get the desired results with the color without affecting your health.
I have a simple question for you. Would you like to damage your hair by spending just one hour on dyeing or you want to get the brilliant coloring results by spending three hours? So in this case time is less valuable.
How much time it will take to color your hair at the salon?
Dyeing your color is a technique with different objectives.
- You may want to do it probably for a whole color change
- Could be you are trying to do this because you want to add lightness
- The main objective will be to hide your grays
So the processing time will also be different for all these objectives.
Practices to follow
- If you want to completely change the color of your hair, let say you are going from dark to light color. For this purpose, you will have to bleach your hair first.
- The preparation of the material and bleaching process will take almost an hour and a half.
- During the bleaching process, a special product will be used in the middle that protects the internal structure of the hair from damage during the bleaching process.
- There are two different products. First, you will mix in a bleaching material and the second product will be mixed in the dye.
- After the dying process and see the results of how bleaching ended up, now you will move to the next phase which is applying the new color.
- Again for the preparation of materials, applying, and processing time will take almost an hour and a half.
In simple words, if you want to completely change the color you will have to bleach your hair first it will take almost 3 hours or so.
If you just want to cover or hide your grays then it will take just an hour. This time starts when you sit on a chair and when the service is finished. All the process will be completed in just one hour. Even if you just want to dye of your hair the stylist will first dry your hair and brush it then will start the process.
- If you want to light your hair, it will take two and a half hours in case your hairs are long.
So, you can see that time in a salon will change as it depends on the service you want to get. If you want to do this at home yes, you will do it in less time, but the results and quality will not be the same that you will get at the salon. There will be a risk factor as well if you want to do it by yourself.
How much time it will take to dye hair at home?
There will be some people who are very regular and punctual when it comes to dyeing your hair at home. Some people tend to do it as they are in a race. Believe me, take your time. You have only one head with hair. Don’t waste it in a hurry. Again, if you want to convert your dark hair into a lighter color you will have to do bleaching.
Bleaching your hair is a sensitive chemical process. There is a chance that you will not get results in one day. So, if you have decided to bleach your hair first and then dye it will take almost two hours to do the dyeing process at home. If you just want to cover gray hairs or refresh the hair color then it will take only one hour.
At home, you can do other home tasks as the color is processing. When you are busy in-home tasks you may forget coloring time, so please don’t do that. Otherwise, your hair will suffer some serious consequences. When it comes to highlighting the color it will take about an hour and a half to do so. So, again you can’t tell a fixed time for the dyeing process. It will depend on what you want to do with your hair color. Each objective will need a different technique and different processing times.
The time you spend in a hair salon will determine the health of your hair. Dyeing of hair will involve lots of factors, such as:
- Type of your hair
- The health of your hair
- Quality of the product used for the dyeing process
When you will visit the salon for hair dyeing the stylist will spend some time to read your hair and then select the best product that will suit your hair. If you are doing that home you will not follow this practice. Some people don’t even bother to perform chunk test. When they have done damage to their hair they run towards the salon to find out the solution.
No doubt, your time is precious, but not more than your hair. The choice is yours, what you want to do. As it has been discussed in detail earlier the processing time is different for the action you want to perform. First of all, choose the product that is good for you. Decide whether you want to do it by yourself or you would love to go to a salon. It is better to spend some time to get better results. Don’t do it in a rush otherwise, you may end up damaging your hair.