We didn't get to try the Plantur series but someone asked about it so we gathered as much as we can on it.
Does Plantur 21 really work? Caffeine, the touted active ingredient, is not an approved treatment or drug for hair loss. Nevertheless, the maker of Plantur cited many studies that
- Researchers have found that a leave-on combination of caffeine plus key B vitamins stimulates hair growth enough to increase the cross-sectional area of scalp hair by as much as 10%, producing a noticeable thickening effect on thinning hair
- They concluded that caffeine shampoo was significantly more effective than placebo, with more than twice as many people randomized to use caffeine shampoo stating they were satisfied with the results (84.8%) compared with 36.4% using placebo.
- A study comparing the effects of combining caffeine shampoo with the medically prescribed treatment, minoxidil 5% solution, found that caffeine improved the effects of minoxidil in terms of hair density.
- Both groups of men showed similar improvements with an average increase in the anagen ratio of 10.59% with the caffeine solution, and 11.68% with the minoxidil solution (a non-statistically significant difference of 1.09%).
- The researchers concluded that a caffeine-based topical liquid was not inferior to minoxidil 5% solution in reducing hair loss in men with male pattern hair loss.
In term of online reviews, there was a few sponsored reviews online and few bad reviews. For the few bad reviews with comments found on Plantur 21, there was a cause of allergy and the other on the texture being unsuitable or not working.
Plantur 21 Bad Reviews
The below are the 4 bad reviews with comments we found on Plantur 21 Shampoo and Elixir at boots.com:-
Plantur 21 Shampoo
- Jo91 said in 2020, "unfortunately this product leaves a lot of residue in the hair no matter how much you wash it out. I can’t say it’s made my hair thicken or regrow but it does have more volume. The smell is slightly better than the 39 version (I'm 29). Bit disappointed based on the price"
- TBex said in 2017, "This is such a lovely shampoo and smells great. My mum was using the range for 40+ and loves it so I had high hopes for this. Having suffered from quite scary hair loss over the last 3 years (I'm 28 at present) I have tried many different ways to encourage healthy hair growth. This defiantly doesn’t make the top 10. Like I said the shampoo is lovely but I've had more hair loss since stopping my normal routine and trying this over the last 2 months. So in my opinion it is not worth spending the money on a nice shampoo that is just that."
Plantur 21 Elixir
- Daisy Mai said in 2017, "This shampoo is a real waste of money! After washing my hair, it felt like I needed to wash it again as it felt very matty & greasy too! Waste of a lot of money & will go back to using my old shampoo."
- Anonymous contributor said in 2014, "Unfortunately after using this product my eyelids and the skin around my eyes became red, sore and itchy so I had to stop using it."
What is the Plantur range? The Nutri-caffeine complex in Plantur 21 helps to prevent an energy deficit in the hair roots.
What are the benefits of e caffeine in Plantur 21?
The caffeine in Plantur 21 primarily slows down the degradation of the important energy carrier cAMP.
What is the texture of Plantur shampoo?
The shampoo is clear and has weird consistency - it's not too rare or too thick, but something about that consistency has made me think "so no foam I suppose...".
We never tried the Plantur 21 but based on online reviews, there are a few bad reviews and minimal side effects. It is worth a try if you don't mind the texture.